Rostyslav KURINKO is a private consultant, professional in the field of corporate social responsibility (CSR), sustainability, socially responsible investing, non-financial and integrated reporting. Official tutor of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), qualified CSR consultant on EBRD Business Advisory Services Programme, a certified graduate of the UN PRI Academy.
Field of expertise:
- Responsible investment implementation;
- Development of the strategic approach to CSR and sustainable development, development and implementation of CSR strategies and policies;
- Development of stakeholder engagement programs;
- Formulation and improvement the effectiveness of CSR and HR, GR, IR, PR functions;
- Preparation and control procedures of the annual, non-financial and integrated reporting;
- CSR system development and management, ISO 26000 implementation, codification and regulation of the relevant business processes;
- Thematic trainings and seminars on various aspects of corporate responsibility and sustainability of the company.
Rostislav worked in the Federation of Employers of Ukraine (from 2005 till 2011). This organization brings together and represents the interests of 8.500 Ukrainian companies. Over five years of active work he has held various positions, joining the organization as a specialist, and leaving in the position of the Deputy Director-General. He also took a part in position of the adviser at the National Official Delegation of Ukraine to the International Labor Conference 2005-2008, Geneva.
In defending labor rights and representing economic interests of businesses at the national and international arena, Rostislav became interested in corporate social responsibility and received the invitation to take an internship at the International Labour Organisation, namely, in the Multinational Enterprises and Enterprise Engagement Unit (ENT/MULTI), alma mater of CSR in the UN system.
Today, Rostislav has more than 10 years of successful experience of working as a CSR professional. There are big companies and organizations like VNESHECONOMBANK, RusHydro, Metinvest, Group DF and Avon, the United Nations Global Compact, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and others between his clients and partners.
He has gained expert recognition at the national level, and, as part of the of the Presidential Decree’s realization, Rostislav Kurinko was invited to join a group of experts to develop the first fundamental document for the country in the field of CSR – National Strategy for Corporate Social Responsibility. In September 2013, by open voting, leading invited experts elected Rostislav as a secretary of the Working group for the coordination, high-standard and professional work for drafting the National Strategy for CSR.
In 2008, Rostislav initiated the launching of the “Sustainable Business” magazine, where he still holds the position of the editor-in-chief. Today International Business Magazine “Sustainable Business” – is the leader among publishing houses in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainable development in Eastern Europe. In addition, the project is a leading communication platform for information and knowledge, experiences and successful examples of socially responsible business conduct exchange.
In 2010, Rostislav Kurinko wrote the book “Mastering CSR: in plain words” (republished in 3 countries, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan). A unique practice-oriented guide had tremendous success in the business environment, and the book became the first systematic publication which described a process of CSR implementation.
Today, the “Mastering CSR: in plain words” remains one of the most famous and widely read practice-oriented books on CSR in the CIS countries. Materials of the book became the basis for general education programs within the launched in 2015 International practice-oriented educational project «Educational Centre of CSR (hub) CSREduHub».
This initiative offers people who are unable to attend specialized schools, to get guaranteed access to the up-to-date knowledge in the field of sustainable development and corporate social responsibility.
CSREduHub provides online trainings in two areas:
- The course «Strategic Approach to CSR: from drafting the priorities to strategy development»;
- The course «Non-financial reporting from A to Z».
Also, authored by Rostislav, guidances and researches on management and CSR for the United Nations and the EU are worth to be noted:
- Respect for the principle of equal treatment and non-discrimination in the workplace in the public and private sectors in Ukraine – a guide for employers;
- Best practices at the enterprise level of respect for the principles of equal opportunities and non-discrimination in the workplace in the public and private sectors in Ukraine – results of research.
Both publications are systemic in nature, considering the agenda of CSR from different perspectives, and, traditionally, from the view of practical application.
Rostislav Kurinko has a Master Degree in International Relations (Kyiv T.G.Shevchenko national university, Institute of International Relations, Ukraine), and also he successfully completed his postgraduate studies at Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, where is preparing for the publication his PHD thesis.
Rostislav`s articles are often published in the United States and Europe, in particular in such respectful institutions as Harvard University, University of Hertfordshire, APA (American Psychological Association) and many others.